Why Choose A Birth Doula?
Did you know that having a birth doula can…
- Decrease the Caesarian rate by as much as 50%
- Reduce the length of the labor by 25%
- Minimize the use of synthetic oxytocin by 40% and requests for an epidural by 60%!
Why is this so?
- In my experience, when you have resources, education, and skillful support, your mind trusts the process and allows your body to do its work with full presence.
Preparing for and giving birth is the most natural, intuitive process. But some prep work, a bit of education, and resources can make all the difference.
As both a mother and doula in my community I have many referral resources for additional care such as chiropractors (for mother and infant), acupuncturists, lactation consultants, marriage and family therapists, massage therapists, and newborn care specialists to help you feel supported every step of the way.
I’ve got a tool-kit, let’s use them all!
The Big Day
We will consciously and clearly establish your plans and preferences to best prepare for the big day.
Wherever you choose to give birth any and all of these spaces are sacred spaces. This is Baby’s entrance into the world and your initiation as a new parent.
I’m here to meet you where you’re at and guide you to…
- Stay in your center
- Feel confident in your power
- Be fully present to bond with baby
There is nothing that is too big nor too small to feel like your best self on this day!